Thursday, July 10, 2008

Wedding Planner

Have to try to plan a wedding before? Or at least have a thought of planning it on your own?

Well, let me tell you something – it’s not easy.

No wonder all these Wed Planners are like cendawan tumbuh, cause practically you need someone to help you out on your wedding.


Why didn’t I get any?

Being the super-duper-fussy-giler-bab-nak-mampus I don’t think I can trust anyone to handle such a big day. Erk,not just any wedding, we are talking about MINE here.

So I opt to again, D.I.Y ;p

My planning began as early as October 2007.


I have a very little knowledge when it comes to planning a wedding.

True that I have been making hantarans for other people’s wedding, but it’s different you know. That is more to just decorating, they give you all the barang ad what color to use, then I just work on a lil magic and Walla, done!


But having a chance to choose from scratch, I seek help from magazines, newly weds and websites.

I went for make up trial, dress fitting, food testing, making calls and appointments. One after another – just to survey the market.

The invitations, rsvp, favours, family members attire, tok imam, kursus kahwin, bunga pahar, cakes, band, flower girls and the list goes on and on and on.

But I surely have such a great time shopping for our barang hantarans. Hehehehe. Most of the things I just design it on my own – so it will be a masterpiece not off the rack (i.e. flower girls hairbands, baskets, deco, hand bouquet etc…etc…terlebey-lebey rajin la pulak ;p)

It was a crazy busy phase in my life. Juggling with works and the wedding.


But it was also such a true test for me and my fiancé. This is the time that we really really get to know each other. No wonder ramai yang dah tunang – then decide to break it off cause they cant survive the”trial” period. Sebab tu kot orang tua2 cakap jangan tunang lama2.

Cause regardless how long you’re dating the person it is not the same when you got engaged. Not much to decide on dating – basically just what movie to watch, where to eat, or what’s the next week plan. But coming to planning a wedding, there are so many goddamn-thing that you have to decide on. Things that will cost you thousands of ringgit if wrongly decide. Things like how to deal with your partner when you have to go out one whole day from morning til late night coming home totally exhausted and having to face shitty day @work a day after. When your weekends is much more tiring than your weekdays. All these require a high level of patience and tolerance.


All praise to God, we manage to get thru all the preparation gracefully.


dYna: yeah, right!!! ;p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home