Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Welcome to the real life – work!!

After ‘breaking-away’, I step into the working world – for real. Not that what I did last time was not real, but it was nothing compare to routine working life that most people had. What used to be a mere story and whining from others, now has become part of me.

Work was fine at first. You get all excited and eager to learn. Every day you figure something new and enjoying the thrill. But after a while, you started to get used to things. And when bosses started to change, bringing new people to so-called improvised things around, when you can do so much more than what you’re doing, things begin to reverse.

Working become such burden – not something that you look forward to. I have to practically drag my self to work – kicking and screaming – like sending off a 4-year-old to kindergarten ;p – and convince myself that I will survive another day.

A piece of advice – anybody who’s actually reaching that stage at work – find another job!

Trust me, there’s always something better for you out there. Don’t look at it as it is the end of the world. If you’re not happy – just leave! I have waited too long to make that move (thanks to my wedding – which we’l go in details about that later *wink*) which has lead me to a serious mental and health deterioration. I swear I was so close to check myself-in, begging doc to be hospitalized rather than facing another day at work.

Thanks to my dearest colleagues (and my then-fiance of course) – these are the people that keep me going. Who give me reason and courage to keep holding on. I would rather not go in details as this is obviously a public entry – but the one-and-half-year spent at my now-previous-department was not something I would want to remember – but I was proud of myself for getting thru it – and for coming out alive – hahaha !

Cutting long story short - I get the courage to speak up, I have initiated a transfer – and currently settling at a much better department than the previous. I have come to realize how working under pressure has benefited me in many ways – and all my knowledge of the work has done nothing but good to me.

I am now a much better, livelier and obviously happier at work.

dYna: I’ma survivor…..!! hehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home