Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The Proposal

When you are in a stable relationship, settling down is definitely part of your moving forward plans. Being in one, me and my partner talk about it every now and then. But when exactly, we absolutely have no idea. You can never be too sure of when is the right time, whether you will ever be ready for it. It was the sort of feeling you get – how soon is too soon? How much longer normally you wait? How you know if he is The One? Is this the right thing to do?

Normally, if you ask others that have been thru it, they’l come out with all sorts of cliché.
The most overly used would have to be “Owh, You’l just know.”

Huh, what-the?!
How on earth you will ever find out?

Playing it safe, I just go with the flow. By far, it is the longest relationship I have been in.. We have yet to get sick of each other. And still madly in love after so long,that is a good thing I supposed. Haha.

So when he popped up the question, I have to say, it caught me by surprised!!

Being an item and each has gone thru a break up once before, we make an effort to keep our relationship interesting. One of the things that we look forward to do is to celebrate our monthiversary – Counting the months from the 1st day we got together.


And it was on one of our month’s celebration that made a mark in our love story.

I made an arrangement for 18 stalks of white roses to be delivered to his office – to signify 18 months of us being together – having so much fun and anticipate seeing his reaction.
He was on the other hand – claiming was embarrassed to oddly be receiving a bouquet.
We went out for a quick dinner after the office and as I dropped him off at his car, he innocently enough apologies to me saying that he didn’t have anything to give me back in return except for “this” – holding a white & gold box – with a diamond ring inside!

I was stunned – speechless – and shocked (or any words that can represent the same meaning ;p)

“Will you marry me?” was what come next – I was too speechless to say anything, with all the tears came running down, the moment felt so magical.

It was something like you see in the movie, I always wonder why, why on earth do you have to cry when a guy proposed to you? I mean, you guys are dating and obviously the next right thing to do is for him to propose and for you to say ‘yes’, right? – yeah, right!
Wait til it happens to you, then you decide, hahaha
When I finally manage to get myself back on the ground – I said “YES!!”









And two weeks later – the rombongan merisik came.
Another week after that – we were officially engaged!!

dYna: There you go, three weeks is all it takes to take your relationship to the next level – hehehe!

*The Proposal occurred on August 14, 2007*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home