way de go gurl..!! ;)

For those yang bergelar student, graduation is something that we all really anticipate of waiting. I didn’t care much about it. As long as it’s over, then it doesn’t really matter whether u’re on the stage or not. Right? Wrong!!
Graduation is a sign of achievement. It means all the years of hardwork, courage and determination has finally paid off. It means you have made it! The staying up til dawn, the waking up late to morning classes, the last minute assignments, the passing notes in exams, hahaha!! The people that you’ve spent years being close too. Going thru the ups and downs with u. Some even more so.
Part I : the event =)
I went out for a midnite movie (whoops!! ;p), so I tucked myself in around 4am. I got everything ready thou. So I was up around 10am. Reading papers, getting ready with all the props, haha! I didn’t go with my parents. We drove separately. (since they so berlagak that they have the VIP car sticker!). I got in early, and park my car strategicly at the back of the hall. (you never know when u need to access to the car kay, hehe!). It all went on pretty fast. One sec we’re all queuing outside the hall (to get into it), and the next sec you’re queuing again, up to the stage. I think I did well. (nope, you practically dun remember the step when u’re up there : stop, bow, step forward, step backward, bow. Hold it with your right hand. Yeah, I did have it with my right hand…ehehe!!). So many people on the stage that I wanna thanked, hahaha!! And my parents were seated the first row from the stage. How kewl was that laaar?!! Hehe…the flowers and the bear came in even before I went out the hall. Had the refreshment in the conference room. I met my madam, my dean, all my ‘father’s-friends’ in there. Its like a reunion –for him! And out we went for a photo session. I had a major headache and decide to leave the campus for a while. (it was bloody thick!! ;p). headed for a light meal with my bf. (sorry to wake u up dear! NOT…hehe!!).

We (the BSMS) had dinner at The Century Paradise. Another photography session. I was the first to leave (and was the first to arrive also!!). They’all came in one and half hour late! I was really exhausted by 10pm. Rush back home to freshen up and headed Alexis for Juwita Suwito! That was the true celebration-lar!! Had their best tiramisu in the world (according to Z ;p) and pepperoni pizza. Yup, a very heavy supper. Cuddled all night long. It was definitely one of the best day in my life!!
To my parents : this is for you!
To shorty : the one and only. Tq for the years spent. I cant believe u left early!!
To Buruj : tq for making the dinner a successful one (not! ;p)
To Mr.HantuAyam : tq for another best nite out!
Part II : the emo! ;p
But if u asked me, I would say I cant believe I’ve make it through. It was tough. But the past years has made me to who I am today. I came in as a rebellious and graduated as a real person. My time in this garden of knowledge and virtue was the most crucial, the one that I would cherish most in my life. Here, is the place where I happened to study my religion. Came to think of it, we’re all born Muslim. But does it ever occur to us what is our religion is all about? Most of us didn’t even bother. Same goes to me. Not until I turned 18 and was ‘dumped’ (or maybe destined) to be here. I get the chance to meet a lot of people, make friends from those across the continent, different background and mazhabs, and pick up Nad (ayemon) along the way. And I knew, I’ll have her for life.
During my years in the uni, I left my so-called-lifetime-soulmate, I cut m hair short (in order to get rid of the colors ;p), I had my first break up. I have once failed my first year, first sem in matric. I was once a clean slate. I keep up a good grade since and graduated with a star. (nooooow I get it!! ;p). I was a once a tutor, an assistant director, enjoyed emcee-ing. I went as a candidate for the student representative council. It was an event where I get to know my friends and foes. (and picked up Sarah Maisha, Buruj, Zatul, Wan, and Laila along the way ;)). I ‘ran away’ from home twice, and stayed at the hostel for coupla months (ok,maybe weeks). I owe my uni years to my Shorty. There were so many things happened, too many memories to be kept, too many faces and names to be remembered. I shed a few tears and laugh out loud, a lot. Lecturers. They are more like a mentor to me. My guardians : Prof Ridza, Dr. Jalal, Bro Jesni, Mdm Mimi, Bro Eskandar. The people that I went to when I need to confide in someone. Those whom I can go argue about the religion, yet, didn’t called me a ‘murtad’. My time has been wonderful, wrapped up with all the goods and bad.
IIUM is the place to be. May I have the chance to be part of this beautiful family again in the future. Who knows….

dYna : yeah, I did it!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home